Places to eat in Martinborough
Martinborough offers so many choices for eating - indoors or al fresco. Dine at a vineyard restaurant, or stroll through the village and take your pick of cafes.
You can eat at these cellar doors:
- Choose natural wine, beer or cider at Cambridge Road and enjoy it with a platter in their courtyard
- Lounge outside on the beanbags in the Wairarapa sun or relax inside with tasty food options at Colombo Martinborough
- Gourmet platters are available all year round at Haythornwaite
- Try the delicious dumplings and Asian style bowls at Luna
- Enjoy looking across the grapevines from the terrace at Margrain Vineyard's cafe
- Enjoy a casual lunch at Moy Hall with the chef’s lunch menu of shared-plates featuring local produce
- Summer is the season to lunch at Palliser Wines, with delicious food from the Nara Martinborough food truck
- Choose a stylish venue with a platter-style menu and excellent wine at Poppies Martinborough
- Pop into Schubert Wines tasting room, and enjoy popular Italian food from Gnocchi Brother's food truck!
- Enjoy a platter of local produce in the sheltered courtyard at Tiwaiwaka
- Dine al fresco on the terraces overlooking the vines at Tirohana Estate or inside in the warm elegant restaurant
Eat out in Martinborough village:
- The Karahui Wine Bar & Eatery in the old BNZ building offers contemporary sharing plates paired with local and international wines by the glass
- Walk the stunning grounds between courses at York Bistro located in Parehua Resort
- Try classic cuisine with an innovative twist at Cafe Medici
- Get your coffee fix with a locally roasted brew at In the Neighbourhood with their scrummy cabinet food
- Dine in the restaurant, sunny courtyard or watch a movie at boutique Circus Cinema
- Boutique brewery with excellent beer and snack menu Martinborough Brewery
- Family-friendly Knucklebone Cafe has fun food in a bright & modern setting
- French style Union Square has a Michelin Star chef and Cuisine Magazine rating!
- Crouching Tiger is a casual dining restaurant offering food and cocktails from around Asia!
- The Village Café and Bar have a wide variety of options using fresh, locally sourced ingredients
- Try Ahoy Takeaways for their fresh range of super fresh seafood and fish.
- Find a delicious range of food and great place to chill at Social Chef food truck.
Deli and speciality foods:
Check out The Grocer, a neighbourhood deli and gourmet food shop with the vibe of a traditional grocery store. The selection, personally chosen by owner Celia Jenkins, features local foods, artisan baking, cheeses, olive oils, honey, organic products, and sweet and savoury treats.
- The Land Girl is a modern cafe full of character, just a short drive south of Martinborough.
- Its worth the 25km scenic drive to Pirinoa, south of Martinborough, to try Pirinoa Country Takeaways Palliser Ridge burger - made from free range, naturally produced lamb, fed on grass and herb forages!
Wondering what else is open? Here's a list of opening hours for Martinborough shops and restaurants.