Places to eat in Martinborough
Martinborough offers so many choices for eating - indoors or al fresco. Dine at a vineyard restaurant, or stroll through the village and take your pick of cafes.
You can eat at these cellar doors:
- Choose natural wine, beer or cider at Cambridge Road and enjoy it with a platter in their courtyard
- Lounge outside on the beanbags in the Wairarapa sun or relax inside with tasty food options at Colombo Martinborough
- Dine overlooking vines and surrounded by roses in the courtyard at Coney Wines
- Gourmet platters are available all year round at Haythornwaite
- Try the delicious dumplings and Asian style bowls at Luna
- Enjoy the view looking across the grapevines from the terrace at Margrain Vineyard's cafe
- Check out the 130 year old cottage of Martinborough's founding father John Martin, at Martinborough Vineyard, over a bite to eat
- Enjoy a casual lunch at Moy Hall with the chef’s lunch menu of shared-plates featuring local produce
- Summer is the season to lunch at Palliser Wines, with platters available over the weekends
- Choose a stylish venue with a platter-style menu and excellent wine at Poppies Martinborough
- Pop into Schuberts Wines tasting room, open most days, and enjoy a platter with their Pinot Noir
- Check out the artisan wines available at Stonecutter over a bite to eat
- Enjoy a platter of local produce in the sheltered courtyard at Tiwaiwaka
- Dine al fresco on the terraces overlooking the vines at Tirohana Estate or inside in the warm elegant restaurant
- Gourmet platters are available from the comfort of the lounge in the historic homestead at Vynfields
Lunch or dinner in Martinborough village:
- Peppers Parehua Martinborough has a hotel-style restaurant with wonderful accommodation on site. Between courses, take a walk through the beautiful grounds
- Try classic cuisine with an innovative twist at Cafe Medici
- Get your coffee fix with a locally roasted brew at In the Neighbourhood and try something delicious from their cabinet food
- Boutique cinema, restaurant and bar Circus Cinema is open daily from 3pm. Dine by the open fire or in the sunny courtyard
- Boutique brewery with excellent beer and snack menu Martinborough Brewery
- The locals' pub on the square is The Pukemanu Bar & Eatery
- Try family-friendly Knucklebone Cafe for new food ideas in a bright & modern setting
- Enjoy delicious gourmet platters and small plates at The Wine Bank
- Try the Union Square and celebrate with their High Tea including bubbles
Deli and speciality foods:
Check out The Grocer for a deli and specialty food shop with the vibe of a traditional grocery store. The selection, personally chosen by owner Celia Jenkins, features local foods, artisan baking, cheeses, olive oils, honey, organic products, and sweet and savoury treats.
The Land Girl is a modern cafe full of character, just a short drive south of Martinborough.
Wondering what else is open? Here's a list of opening hours for Martinborough shops and restaurants.