Places to eat in Martinborough
Martinborough offers so many choices for eating - indoors or al fresco. Dine at a vineyard restaurant, or stroll through the village and take your pick of cafes.
You can eat at these cellar doors:
- Choose natural wine, beer or cider at Cambridge Road and enjoy it with a platter in their courtyard
- Lounge outside on the beanbags in the Wairarapa sun or relax inside with tasty food options at Colombo Martinborough
- Dine overlooking vines and surrounded by roses in the courtyard at Coney Wines
- Gourmet platters are available all year round at Haythornwaite
- Try the delicious dumplings and Asian style bowls at Luna
- Enjoy the view looking across the grapevines from the terrace at Margrain Vineyard's cafe
- Check out the 130 year old cottage of Martinborough's founding father John Martin, at Martinborough Vineyard, over a bite to eat
- Enjoy a casual lunch at Moy Hall with the chef’s lunch menu of shared-plates featuring local produce
- Summer is the season to lunch at Palliser Wines, with platters available over the weekends
- Choose a stylish venue with a platter-style menu and excellent wine at Poppies Martinborough
- Pop into Schuberts Wines tasting room, open most days, and enjoy a platter with their Pinot Noir
- Enjoy a platter of local produce in the sheltered courtyard at Tiwaiwaka
- Dine al fresco on the terraces overlooking the vines at Tirohana Estate or inside in the warm elegant restaurant
- Gourmet platters are available from the comfort of the lounge in the historic homestead at Vynfields
Lunch or dinner in Martinborough village:
- Peppers Parehua Martinborough has a hotel-style restaurant with wonderful accommodation on site. Between courses, take a walk through the beautiful grounds
- Try classic cuisine with an innovative twist at Cafe Medici
- Get your coffee fix with a locally roasted brew at In the Neighbourhood and try something delicious from their cabinet food
- Boutique cinema, restaurant and bar Circus Cinema is open daily from 3pm. Dine by the open fire or in the sunny courtyard
- Boutique brewery with excellent beer and snack menu Martinborough Brewery
- The locals' pub on the square is The Pukemanu Bar & Eatery
- Try family-friendly Knucklebone Cafe for new food ideas in a bright & modern setting
- Enjoy delicious gourmet platters and small plates at The Wine Bank
- Try the Union Square and celebrate with their High Tea including bubbles
- Crouching Tiger is a casual dining restaurant offering flavourful food and cocktails from around Asia!
Deli and speciality foods:
Check out The Grocer for a deli and specialty food shop with the vibe of a traditional grocery store. The selection, personally chosen by owner Celia Jenkins, features local foods, artisan baking, cheeses, olive oils, honey, organic products, and sweet and savoury treats.
- The Land Girl is a modern cafe full of character, just a short drive south of Martinborough.
- Its worth the 25km scenic drive to Pirinoa, south of Martinborough, to try Pirinoa Country Takeaways Palliser Ridge burger - made from free range, naturally produced lamb, fed on grass and herb forages!
Wondering what else is open? Here's a list of opening hours for Martinborough shops and restaurants.