Masterton is Wairarapa's largest town, and it has something for everyone - especially families. It's also the perfect base to explore the whole region!
For families Masterton is the place to be, with tonnes of fun all in one place - and much of it free...
- Queen Elizabeth Park has to be your first stop. You'll love the new skatepark, huge playground, flying fox, miniature train and pedal boats, mini-golf, and BMX track.
- Check out Aratoi - Wairarapa Museum of Art & History, the largest museum in the Wairarapa and ConArt Gallery & Studios where artists create and sell artwork from colourful containers, both in the Masterton Arts Quarter.
- Trust House Recreation Centre has indoor heated pools, a hydro-slide, river ride, and spa and outdoors it has three pools, a speed slide and diving pool.
- See endangered wildlife, walk through the fantastic free flight aviary or take a tour at Pukaha National Wildlife Centre.
- Walk or cycle around Henley Lake - 43 hectares of wetlands and native planting with over 72 different species of birds.
- See even more fun things to do in Masterton, and things to do nearby Masterton.
Wings Over Wairarapa, Wairarapa Balloon Festival and Golden Shears are the headline events for Masterton.
Masterton has an excellent line up of cafes, restaurants and bars for brunch, lunch and dinner, and you can check out places to stay here.
The Masterton i-SITE Visitor Centre is open every day - pop in and see the friendly team for bookings, great advice and grab our visitor guide, or download the Visitor Guide here.