Masterton is Wairarapa's largest town, and it has something for everyone - especially families. It's also the perfect base to explore the whole region!
For families Masterton is the place to be, with tonnes of fun all in one place - and much of it free...
- Queen Elizabeth Park has to be your first stop. You'll love the huge playground, flying fox, miniature train and pedal boats, mini-golf, and BMX and skate park.
- Check out Aratoi - Wairarapa Museum of Art & History, the largest museum in the Wairarapa and ConArt Gallery & Studios where artists create and sell artwork from colourful containers, both in the Masterton Arts Quarter.
- Trust House Recreation Centre has indoor heated pools, a hydro-slide, river ride, and spa and outdoors it has three pools, a speed slide and diving pool.
- See endangered wildlife, walk through the fantastic free flight aviary or take a tour at Pukaha National Wildlife Centre.
- Choose from bowling, bumper cars, arcade games, basketball and more at Masterbowl.
- Walk or cycle around Henley Lake - 43 hectares of wetlands and native planting with over 72 different species of birds.
- See even more fun things to do in Masterton, and things to do nearby Masterton.