Girls - come on! There's so much to do here in the Wairarapa, all close together and with lots of choice too. Pack your bags!
Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- Shop till you drop in gorgeous Greytown - retail therapy is brilliant here at the small distinctive stores. Not a big box mall in sight.
- Is there a flavour at Schoc Chocolates you haven't tried? Then get there immediately! Check out the chocolate shoes for the girl with everything!
- Shopping can be tiring- refuel at the many cafes and restaurants in Greytown
- Come on a tour - it's easy to get here without a car on the Village Artisan Tour. The delicious lunch is a highlight.
We feel the need to go to Martinborough! You should too:
- Head to the Martinborough i-SITE in The Square and grab a wine map.
- Hire a bike and cycle the vines - cellar doors are so close together you'll get to taste and learn more about our wines easily.
- Relax over a long lunch at a vineyard or at one of the other tempting spots around Martinborough.
- Visit Olivo and try their delicious infused olive oils.
- A cleansing ale can hit the spot - head to Martinborough Brewery.
Come on a tour - Martinborough Gourmet Wine Tour brings you from Wellington and means no driving. Spend the day tasting wine on this guided tour around the vineyards of Martinborough. Lunch, cheese, coffee - it's all fabulous.
What else can you and the girls get up to?
- Stretch your legs on a fully catered coastal walk
- Light up your visit with a lighthouse - Cape Palliser or Castlepoint
- Bike the Rimutaka Cycle Trail - it's a great way to get here too
- Explore Aratoi Museum of Art and History and take a guided tour
- Have a beauty treatment
- Book a workshop with Marty Girl skincare from Martinborough and make your own unique products using local and natural ingredients.
- Nibble some stunning cheese at C'est Cheese
- Visit some beautiful gardens
- Take a class at The Country Cooking School
Go on make a real holiday of it! Stay in a cottage, B&B, lodge, motel or hotel. There's a great selection across the region here.
Take a look at what a girls trip looks like in the Wairarapa!