Remutaka Cycle Trail
A 'Great Ride' on Nga Haerenga New Zealand Cycle Trail, the Remutaka Cycle Trail takes in the best of the Lower North Island's amazing scenery.
From the capital city of Wellington to Wairarapa, the trail winds through the foothills of the Rimutaka Range, across farmland beside Lake Wairarapa and around the rugged coastline to Orongorongo River. Ride the whole trail over 4 days, or select sections to make up your own single or multi-day itinerary.
Sections of the trail are challenging. Get prepared and stay safe.
Done the trail? Please tell us how it went with this quick survey.
Book accommodation on the trail
- Historic Waiorongomai Station - beautiful rooms, setting and story
- Western Lake Bach - an old farmhouse with excellent views
- Western Lake Woolshed - done up in style!
- Te Rakau - sleep in a converted train carriage and go bird watching the next day
- Wharekauhau Country Estate - pure luxury, for the night or just lunch
- Camp at Corner Creek at the far end of Ocean Beach.
Transport options to/from the start/finish